Cheap internet connections are today’s dilemma. Yesterday, it was an internet connection. Today the cheapest internet connection is what it’s all about. Not only cheap, but also the best cheap internet service.
Is there a possibility to get economical internet connections without having to burn a hole in our pockets?
The importance of an internet connection in the home has never been felt like today. The following statistics about the importance of an internet connection in the home may surprise you:
- It has been found that higher graduation ratio, around 6-8% happens to students that have an internet connection at home than those without
- Future jobs are geared more online. The next 10 years are predicted to produce jobs that will only be available online
- Right now top companies, more than 80% such as Target and Wal-Mart only receives online applications instead of receiving walk-ins. If you want to apply for a job with these companies you need to have an internet connection.
To help correct this internet connection deficit, the FCC or Federal Communications Commission formed partnerships with top-of-the-line internet service providers to make it possible for people to have the service right in their homes.
This made way for various programs implemented to ensure high-speed but cheap internet connections for everyone. The catch is being qualified under the programs. For example, AT&T has a program called Access which provides basic internet speeds of 3 Mbps for a low monthly charge of $5.00. Higher speed tiers between 5-10 Mbps can also be provided for as low as $10 a month. These plans do have monthly data caps of 600 GB but the activation fee is waived along with a wireless router, free of charge.
Qualifying for the programs from different ISPs other than AT&T are the following:
- You have to be a resident in areas where the ISPs offer their services
- At least one person in the household is a SNAP member or receive food stamps every month
If you think you qualify under these cheap internet programs, give us a call today.